The director's cut of Avatar, which will be released in late August 2010, will not be 8 minutes longer, as previously reported, but 9 minutes longer. This information was confirmed in an interview with MTV by James Cameron.
The director also specified which new scenes viewers will be able to see.
1. Episodes in the Pandora's forest, including several nighttime ones
2. Hunting scenes
3. Scenes of flights on screens
4. Some emotionally intense scene at the end of the movie
5. Na'avi counterattack after bulldozer episode
6. Episodes with Grace at school
7. Scenes with previously unseen creatures of Pandora
8. An extended version of Jake and Neytiri's love scene
The Topic of Article: Director's Cut Avatar will be extended by 9 minutes.