Details of the production of the new season of David Lynch and Mark Frost's mystery series "Twin Peaks" are kept in strict confidence. At the time of this writing, only the participation of Kyle McLachlan, who played the role of FBI agent Dale Cooper, is officially confirmed. Deadline has conducted its own investigative journalism and offers information on the upcoming season from various sources.
About the actors and their characters from the original Twin Peaks series:
1. The Palmer clan will remain safe and sound, and Ray Wise and Grace Zabriskie will return to their roles as Leland and Sarah Palmer, and with them Cheryl Lee as their murdered daughter Laura;
2. Rumored to be returning: Peggy Lipton – restaurant owner Norma Jennings; Everett McGill – Norma's lover Ed Hurley; Wendy Robie – Ed's one-eyed wife Nadine; James Marshall – nephew of Ed and Nadine James Hurley;
3. The sequel will feature Al Strobel – one-armed Mike; Kimmy Robertson – Lucy Moran, Sheriff's Office Officer; Harry Goaz – Deputy Sheriff Andy Bennan in love with Lucy; Charlotte Stewart – Bobby Briggs' mother Betty; Gary Hershberger – Bobby's friend Mike Nelson; Jean D'Arcy – Sylvia Horn; Harry Dean Stanton – Karl Rodd.
The new series "Twin Peaks" features: Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke, Caleb Landry Jones, Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Lee, Laura Dern, Robert Knepper, James Belushi, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty and Lynch.
Other details about the upcoming season:
- Las Vegas will be the main setting
- Mark Frost will play a cameo role, as he did in the original show
- Jennifer Jason Leigh will possibly play the mysterious heroine Judy
- James Belushi and Robert Knepper will possibly play brothers
There are also rumors that Katherine Coulson, the famous Lady with Polen, managed to play in several scenes before her death in September 2015. It is not yet clear whether they will be used.
We remind you that all of the above information has not been officially confirmed and is regarded as a rumor.
Twin Peaks, which Lynch is directing from a screenplay co-written with Mark Frost, will debut on Showtime in early 2017.
The Topic of Article: The Palmer family may reunite in the new Twin Peaks.