Most gadgets are exploited mercilessly by users. Often, one battery charge lasts half a day. If the owner of a smartphone is a fan of games, then this time is reduced even more. Therefore, in most cases, you cannot do without an external battery or a power bank. Before purchasing such a device, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules for choosing such products. Then you can choose for yourself one of several external batteries listed in the rating of our portal.
What to look for when choosing a portable storage device
To a user who is not familiar with the nuances of choosing external batteries, it seems that there is nothing difficult in this process. It is enough to choose the right capacity and size of such a gadget and that's it.
This is not quite the right approach. In practice, things are a little more complicated. Before you buy an external battery, you need to highlight a number of criteria, choose priority ones for yourself. These are the criteria.
1. Charging speed . It's not bad if the compact device has a capacity of 50,000 mAh. However, it is not entirely pleasant to wait if such a charger will do its job for a long time. What if it takes 8-10 hours to charge your smartphone? For many, this is unacceptable. Therefore, it is important that the powerbank maintains fast charging standards.
2. The capacity of the external memory. It should be understood that the choice of a more powerful device entails an increase in its size. It's not hard to find a powerful gadget, but due to its size, it will take up a lot of space in a backpack or bag. The best option is to buy a charger with a capacity of 5000 to 10000 mAh.
3. Availability of suitable ports and connectors. Not all remote batteries offered in retail chains are modern and advanced. There are also devices equipped with ports of outdated standards. For example, instead of the required USB-C, either USB-A or Micro-USB can be used, and it's also a good idea to pay attention to the number of available connectors. There shouldn't be too many of them, but one or two is not enough now.
4. Manufacturer's (brand) data. It is possible that the gadget of the company, which is not yet widely known, will last a long time. However, it is better to buy a product from trusted developers. Inexpensive and high-quality external storage devices are now produced by the brands Anker, Aukey, Xiaomi and some other companies.
5. Dimensions of the device. This was already mentioned above. The size of the gadget grows in direct proportion to its capacity. Sometimes it is enough to have a small external battery at hand for one-time charging of the smartphone. Others need a powerful battery that won't fit into every backpack. It all depends on preferences and relevance.
High-quality and inexpensive powerbanks
We bring to the attention of our readers the optimal external memory in terms of price / quality ratio.
Anker PowerCore 10000 PD Redux
The Anker PowerCore 10000 PD Redux is compact in size. Thanks to them (the device easily fits in the palm of a person), it is not difficult for him to find a place in the luggage.
Its capacity is 10,000 mAh, there are USB-C input and output connectors. Despite the fact that the powerbank does not support the Quick Charge fast charging standards, adapters with a power of up to 12W can be connected to them.
Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 3
The declared power indicators of the Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 3 are the same as those of the previous model.
The manufacturer honestly admits that in fact the user can count on only 5500 mAh. The rest is spent on losses within the system.
The advantages of the model include the presence of a metal case, the presence of connectors for charging Micro-USB / USB-C, output USB-A. The gadget supports 18W fast charging, can charge two devices at the same time.
Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD
As the name suggests, this product has 20,000 mAh battery in reserve. The Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD has one USB-C and one USB-A port and provides 18W equivalent charging speeds.
Interestingly, this model costs a little more than Anker PowerCore 10000 PD Redux.
Omnicharge Omni 20 Plus
This powerbank is a kind of universal among its counterparts. The Omnicharge Omni 20 Plus is equipped with two regular USB connectors that support the Quick Charge 3.0 standard. with a maximum output power of 15 W.
To inform about the amount of supplied voltage, battery temperature, the remaining percentage of charging, there is an OLED display, which is located on the front side of the gadget.
Its USB-C port has 60W output and 40W input. The device is also equipped with 10W wireless charging functionality.
The Aukey 20000 external charger has a capacity of 20,000 mAh. It has three USB ports, one of which is USB-C. All of them are designed for 15-watt power ratings. Interestingly, the device received an additional Lightning port with an input power of 7.5 watts.
Samsung 2-in-1 Portable Fast Charge Wireless
The Samsung 2-in-1 Portable Fast Charge Wireless is unique in that its top is equipped with a wireless charging mat.
This allows a contactless method to replenish energy reserves in mobile devices at a rate equivalent to 7.5 watts of power. When using a cable, this figure doubles.
The gadget is equipped with Qi compatibility, which allows it to work with Pixel 4 or iPhone models.
The Topic of Article: Criteria for choosing portable batteries for mobile devices, ten external batteries that fully comply with them.